If you’re a gun owner, you’ve likely heard that there can be some serious legal risks if you ever have to use your firearm in self-defense. Even if you do everything right, you can still be arrested and need to pay for an attorney or bail while the courts sort it out. Fortunately, there is a service available to proactively help in these situations. It’s called firearms legal protection.
A lot of people ask, “Is firearms legal protection worth it?” And our answer is simple: Yes. If you don’t want to jeopardize your family, finances, or liberty, then you need firearm legal protection. Don’t let protecting yourself physically put you at risk legally or financially. We're breaking down the top five things you need to know about Firearms Legal Protection.
1. Firearm Legal Protection Provides Uncapped Defense Coverage
Here’s the thing about guns: Even if you’re using them safely and appropriately, a self-defense incident could end in prosecution. Meaning, if you’re forced to defend yourself against an attack in your own home, you’ll likely be arrested. Not only that, but your firearm will be confiscated, and you’ll be required to adhere to the judicial process. If you are not convicted, you won’t face jail time, but you will still have to pay for all those expensive attorney hours. If you have a Firearms Legal Protection plan, you’ll get an experienced attorney to help you navigate this very serious situation. FLP pays all the attorney fees directly, without any out-of-pocket or limit/cap.
2. Homeowners Insurance Often Doesn’t Cover Firearm Incidents
You might be thinking you don’t need firearm legal protection when you have a homeowners' insurance plan that offers personal liability coverage. Liability coverage does not typically cover intentional acts, like self-defense. It also does not typically cover legal fees. Because legal fees related to self-defense are not covered by homeowners' policies, renter’s insurance, or most “umbrella” Firearms Legal Protection fills a special need for those who may ever defend themselves with a weapon.
We don’t need to tell you how a lawsuit has the potential to wreak havoc on your bank account. Plus, without firearms legal protection, you’re not guaranteed a lawyer with experience in crimes of self-defense. If you ever find yourself in a situation like this, you want peace of mind knowing your finances and freedoms are protected.
3. The “MyFLP” Mobile App
If you have ever Googled concealed carry laws or state-specific laws about firearms storage or transport, you could probably benefit from the “MyFLP” mobile application (Android and iOS) that is available to all FLP members. This is a helpful tool for quickly looking up firearms laws and other weapons laws by state. FLP members who travel find this app very helpful. “Before I leave the state with my pistol, I always check the app to make sure I know the laws when I am travelling,” said an FLP member from Texas.
4. Firearms Legal Protection is Different Than Other Programs
Here’s what makes it different:
- FLP pays your attorney fees directly for both criminal and civil action lawsuits. Most legal protection programs work on an attorney reimbursement system—but not Firearm Legal Protection. FLP is a service that is designed to benefit you—not anyone else.
- FLP takes the time to research local attorneys with experience in Criminal Law (or has experience handling firearm-related incidences where self-defense occurs). Once we’ve chosen the best candidate, they're provided to you. Other legal plans can’t promise the same expertise when it comes to attorneys. Think of it almost as a concierge service – a call to the emergency hotline means FLP will dispatch an attorney who is especially suited to your location and situation. That’s much better than finding a cut-rate attorney on your own!
- Once you begin to compare Firearms Legal Protection to USCCA (and other protection plans), you’ll quickly notice FLP offers the most comprehensive protection at the lowest price. If you’re someone who prioritizes straight forward, guaranteed legal protection with no financial limit—Firearm Legal Protection is the plan for you.
5. You Get More than Just Legal Protection
Legal defense offers peace of mind that you can protect yourself and your loved ones, and while that alone is priceless, Firearms Legal Protection offers even more. You’ll increase your education and awareness on changes to gun legislation through industry publications and seminars made available through FLP. Plus, it provides home safety tips so you can keep your space safe and protected, and offers a 24/7 emergency hotline, too. FLP members even get discounts on other great brands of shooting accessories (yes, including Vulcan!)
Sign Up Today
At VULCAN, we offer three Firearms Legal Protection plans to choose from: Individual Basic, Individual Premium and Family Premium. At just $199 a year, the basic plan offers the best of the best protection in your state of residence. The premium plan takes it up a notch by protecting you in all 50 states. Plus, you get bail bond protection, investigator fees, counseling support, lost wages reimbursement, incident scene clean-up and more for just $329 a year. If you're married with kids, we suggest the Family Premium plan as it offers all the benefits of the Individual Premium plan, plus coverage for your spouse and minors 17 and younger.
One of our favorite firearms legal protection reviews was from member, Ross C., who said, “As little as 50 cents a day to protect myself and my family was a no brainer for me.” And we couldn’t agree more. Protect yourself and your family with firearm legal protection today.